Location, Layout, Municipal Center
Chiatura city in Georgia Located in Chiatura Plateau and in the narrow gorge of the river Kviril, 340-500 meters above the sea level, on the Gomi-Sachkhere-Zestafoni motorway.
Population - 39,884
Total area of the territory - 542,5 sq.m2.
Distance from the center of the region (Kutaisi-72 km) to Tbilisi - 176 km
The area of Chiatura, as well as a significant part of Upper Imereti, was one of the oldest inhabited regions of old Georgia. In Chiatura and on the shore of the river Kviril, there are many caves that are still preserved. According to Vakhushti Bagrationi, this cave should be the time of the cave. The head of the Arab Army invaded Mourvana Deau in his hordes and destroyed the west and east of Georgia, where people were not able to live in uninhabited areas. One such refuge was found in the rocks of the river Kviril. The viewer will be surprised by how many people have been able to see the cave in many rocks. Only accessible to this cave only experienced climbers using modern alpine techniques.
Early superpaleolithic (34,000 year old) drum fibers were found in 2009 in Chiatura, Breathouse Cave. It was still considered to be the oldest piece of nickel, found in Dolnestowns, in Czechia (29000 BC). Today we can say that the thin thread found in Chiatura is the oldest thread of prehistoric times around the world. In the breeding cave, about 1,500 flakes and wool fibers are found, and the research continues in caves today.
Many historic and architectural monuments in Chiatura region prove that the population of this region has actively participated in the creation of material and spiritual culture of the Georgian people for centuries. Some of the monuments are unique. The specialty of the Katskhi Pillar River is located on the edge of the river Katskhura. There is a giant, 40 meter high column, two small churches in the upper platform of the pillar that are connected with the skill of the researchers.
One of the best monuments of the 13th century - the Mghvimmev Mother's Monastery, which is about 35 meters above sea level.
The Cathedral Cathedral - the sixth-century church of the tenth century. Located about 8 km west of Chiatura. At the distance. Built in the period of Bagrati III, and since ancient times was the history of the well-known Baghvashbhs Church and the Prince.
Sa'l Castle is a beautifully decorated Sveri Castle with a natural balcony and jacket. Vakhushti Batonishvili believes that the fortress of Sveri is built in the eighth century. The middle of the medieval is the fortress of the Didveli fortress and the church, as well as the Zedubani fortress in the village of Bacijevi. I have been a church of St. George in the 11th century, and I belong to the 11th and 12th centuries of the Rangan Church, the 13th century - the Church of Perevi and the other. In the neighborhood of Chiatura, archaeological excavations in the river Jruchuli valley belong to several millennia before our nation. Chiatura near navardzetis area unearthed iron smelting ancient furnace balance of iron and slag fragments, indicating that the ethnic Georgian residents of high-quality metal to get back in BC, long before the use of manganese shenadnobs.sopel Sveri area's location Cave-transformation path Coote 2004, Khan appeared paleoliteli human burial, whose age is 11500 years.
The origin and further development of the city led to the production of the manganese ore deposit in the river Kviril Gorge. German geologist Herman Abrick was first discovered in 1846 by the German geologist at Manganese ore in Chiatura. The production of manganese ore and its industrial processing was later started in 1879 and is associated with Georgian poet Akaki Tsereteli, who introduced the Georgian "Black Gold" to the European Union and the first party of Georgian Manganese in its name on the European market. Soon the whole world has seen the name "Black Gold" rich in this corner.
The town was founded in 1879. In 1895 the railway was taken to Chiatura railway station Shorapani. During this period, about 6 thousand people worked in Chiatura, while the share of manganese in the world exports reached 50%. In the nineteenth century it was only the right side of the river Kviris, old Chiatura was known for its narrow streets, which were naturally planned without planning. Historical development and network of streets are preserved in this part.
Chiatura is a city of locomotive. Due to the mountainous relief conditions of the city, there are one of the most convenient transport vehicles, which is why Chiatura is called "Air Veneti".
In 1954, the first passenger lane in the Soviet Union was built in Chiatura, between the city center and the industrial area of Perevi. The number of passenger hiking trails in the Chiatura suburb is more than two dozen, which is one of the highest in the world. Chiatura passenger ropeway projects were constructed and constructed by local engineers. The engineer Giorgi Pantsulaia, the designer of this case, has been constructed in Chiatura, Russia, Latvia and other cities.
In 1964, Chiatura contacted the trolleybus line of Sachkhere.
Chiatura was declared a city in 1921.
In 1924 almost all major cities of Georgia started rebellion against the Soviet regime. On August 28, rebellion began in Chiatura. During 3 days, Chiaturians were able to refrain from punishing the rebels from Tbilisi, but on the 4th day, soldiers sent to Georgia drove rebellion and brutally beat up people participating in the rallies, killing up to 2000 Chiaturians.
The manganese ore plays a key role in the development of the city's economy, embracing 3,500 people. Chiatura is one of the most important centers for extraction and processing of manganese in the Transcaucasia. Chiatura supplies the ferroalloy factory with manganese concentrate. At present, the manganese obtained in Chiatura is 10% of Georgia's total exports. In Chiatura, the highest quality quartz sand is the best material for placing the buildings, the salty marble deposit near the town, which is operated by an open market in the red, pink and red marble, also in the city, light and food industries - silicate brick factory, sewing bridge Tea first Ad processing factories, combines of bread, meat, dairy and local industries and more. Zestafoni-Chiatura-Sachkhere-Gomi, which is connected to Tbilisi in the shortest way, is the internal city transport of buses and bicycles with almost all districts of the city connected to the center of Chiatura, which passes through the Zestaponi-Sachkhere railway line.
Chiatura is Chiatura and Sachkhere Eparchy Chair and residence. The regional TV company "Imervizia" is functioning in the city.
Akaki Tsereteli State Drama Theater plays an important role in the cultural life of Chiatura region, which is one of the oldest in the republic. The city has a cultural center. Chiatura's past is presented in the Museum of Local History. Music schools and choreographic studios are working in the city.